Length of Presentation
|Session||Presentation||Q & A||Discussion|
|Special Lecture 1, 2||45 min.||N/A|
|Special Lecture 3||60 min.||N/A|
|Educational Lecture 1, 2||45 min.||N/A|
|Educational Lecture 3, 4||60 min.||N/A|
|Symposium||*Notice will be sent to each presenter directly.|
|Young Researcher Award
|8 min.||4 min.||N/A|
|English Session||8 min.||4 min.||N/A|
|Oral Session||8 min.||4 min.||N/A|
|Poster Session||3 min.||2 min.||N/A|
Your role as a chairperson is the key to a successful session. Please read the information below and follow the guidelines.
Instructions for Chairpersons
Please come to a seat marked with Next Presenter’s Seat in your session room at least 10 minutes
prior to the starting time.
Instructions for Presenters
Simultaneous translation (English to Japanese and vice versa) will be provided in your session.
In order to help the interpreters do their job to their best of ability, we would like to ask you to submit
your presentation materials to email@example.com by October 1, 2018.
*Provided information will be passed onto your interpreters, but will be deleted in appropriate manners when the meeting ends.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: October 1, 2018
- Please prepare your slides in English.
- Please check in at PC Preview Desk to check your slides and take a seat marked with Next Presenter’s seat at least 30 minutes prior to the starting time.
PC Preview Desk
|Open Hours:||Thursday, November 8
|Friday, November 9
|Saturday, November 10
- Please insert a slide with a statement disclosing COI (Conflict of Interest) right after your title slide.
A template can be downloaded from the link below (JISMD’ website: Only in Japanese)
- f you use Windows: Please save your data in USB and bring it with you.
We strongly recommend that you backup your data beforehand.
- If you use Mac: Please bring your own laptop.
- Only the data created with Windows 7, Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 or later version is acceptable.
- Recommended Fonts: Arial, Arial Black, Century, Century Gothic.
- Presenters will be responsible for controlling the slides from the computer on the podium.
- All the data provided for the presentation will be deleted when the meeting ends.
For those who use their own computer
- Please make sure to bring appropriate adopters and cables.
- Cables for a D-sub 15 will be provided at the venue.
- Please make sure to check your slides on the computer at the PC Preview Desk.
- Please deactivate password lock, screen-saver, virus scan and the power-saving mode in advance.
- As a precaution, please bring a copy of your presentation.
Guidelines for Poster Presentation
Date & Time: November 8 18:30-19:25
Venues: Poster venue 1 (4F Room 1), Poster venue 2 (4F, Room 2) Poser venue 3 (5F, Conference room)
1． Set-up and Removal
|November 8||November 9||November 10|
|Viewing & Free Discussion||8:50～18:30||8:50～18:30||8:45～14:00|
*Please put up your poster on the designated panel provided in the poster venues.
- All the poster presentation is scheduled from 18:30-19:25 on November 8, 2018.
- Poster presentations will be moderated by session chairs.
- Length of presentation: 5 min. (3 min. presentation followed by 2 min. of Q & A time.)
- If you are chairing a session, please come to the poster presentation registration desk located on 4F.
If you are presenting, please make your way directly to the appropriate poster venue and be in front of your poster waring a ribbon at least 10 min. prior to the starting time.
- Language: English.
- Poster size: H160cm x W90cm
- Title, Author(s) & Affiliation:
Must be indicated at the top of the board.
- Poster No. and push pins will be provided
at the poster venues.
- Posters will be up throughout the meeting
period once they are put up.
- Please make sure to take down your poster
during the designated time indicated above.
Posters remaining after the removal time will
be discarded by the Management Secretariat.
- Please note that delivering your material
to the venue or the Management Secretariat
is not acceptable.